Super Tonic is great for boosting the immune system, preventing colds and flu. I think I will have 3-4 gallons of this awesome and tasty stuff for our family, and maybe a few brave friends.
This is what you will need:
Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Roughly equal parts of (fresh):
- Fresh Turmeric
Chop everything up, or throw it in a blender, or food processor. Add enough cider vinegar, while blending, until the mixture is the consistency of applesauce.
Pour into jars with tight fitting lids that won't leak. Store in a cool, dark place, shaking the jars a couple of times everyday. Let this sit for at least two weeks, or up to 6 months. How long it should be stored is personal preference. When you decide your Super Tonic is ready to use, decant it into a colander (to strain the large solids) lined with cheese cloth (to strain the sediment).
I actually enjoy using this as a sauce, as well as having some strained as a tincture. It should keep for many months.
- Rub into sore muscles and aching joints
- Soak a clean cloth in Super Tonic to place on a congested chest
- Drink it straight or diluted in a bit of water or tomato juice. Start out with a teaspoon or so to test you tolerance level.
- Mix with a bit of honey to ease a cough.
- Individual tolerance to heat will vary so you and your family will want to experiment with quantity.