This tonic contains powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. I (Brooke L) have listed references below pertaining to these statements. Please try to source organic for all of the vegetables listed if possible.
1 Part each of the following fresh vegetables (in a pinch dried is acceptable but will not produce as strong of a mixture):
- chopped garlic cloves
- Chopped white onion (Hottest available) Chopped cayenne peppers (Hottest available: Habanero, African Bird's Eye, or Scotch Bonnets)- remove seeds
- Grated ginger root (Ideally this should be organic- otherwise it is most likely irradiated which kill the gingers enzymes)
- Grated horseradish root
- Raw organic apple cider vinegar – enough to fill jar after vegetables added
Fill a glass jar 3/4 full with equal parts BY VOLUME (i.e. 1 cupful of each) of the above peeled, fresh, chopped or grated herbs and vegetables. Then fill the jar to the top with Raw, unfiltered, unbleached, non-distilled apple cider vinegar. Close and shake vigorously; if necessary top off with more vinegar. Shake jar every time you pass it, minimum of once a day, for 2 wks. Then filter the mixture through a clean piece of cotton (old T-shirt would work), bottle, and label.
How to use
For preventative purposes: 1/2 - 1oz., 2 or more times daily (1-2 TBSP at a time), gargle and swallow. Most people cannot take this unless it is diluted. This is very strong and should be diluted with a bit of water- try a bit on your tongue and see how you react before attempting to take without diluting.
For ordinary infections, a dropper full 5-6 times a day.
- Garlic: Garlic has also been found effective against multi drug resistant E. Coli along with being antiviral and anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Onions- Onions are in the allicin family as is garlic and as such have many of the same health benefits of garlic:
- Cayenne- Cayenne pepper stimulates secretions and promotes circulation, helping the other herbs to work better (synergistically)
- Ginger-Ginger has so many uses- from cancer prevention to pain relief to relieving nausea – on top of being a powerful antiviral that has been found effective against RSV:
- Horseradish-Horseradish has many beneficial uses- from cancer prevention to increasing blood circulation and is commonly used to treat urinary tract infections and sinus infections
- Turmeric-Turmeric has so many health benefits it would take pages to list them all- antiviral, antibacterial, anticancer, anti-inflammatory are just a few of its many uses.