IAF Podcast Episode 7
Air date: August 6, 2017
The Ice Age Farmer Podcast is dedicated to mapping a path forward, building resilient communities, and sharing knowledge in the Grand Solar Minimum.
In this, episode 7: blackberries, climate as a factor in the decline of the Roman Empire (and ours!), Lucifer heatwave vs. August snows, and whether a cow makes sense for a self-sufficient property, in Ice Age Farmer Ep #7! more:
IAF007: 8/6/2017 -- Full Moon Show! Mapping a path forward to prosperity, building resilient communities; sharing knowledge in the GSM
- Moringa -- did repot them, both in one huge pot -- mistake?
Moved the two dwarf moringa starts in high-intensity lighting zone, since they're struggling IAF advisory: don't use 2" nft
"Ice Breaker": history section
SNOW IN AUGUST / TOO COLD
- Snow in Colorado:
- We failed to bring the heat:
SOLAR WATER HEATERS DESTROYED BY QUICK FREEZE
- Our infrastructure simply will not keep up:
- DATA: Entomologists warning pests are more dangerous due to cool weather:
- “Planting dates were late in many areas and cool weather has slowed plant growth, leading to delayed maturity in many areas. These late maturing crops may remain vulnerable to pest injury longer than usual,”
- LUCIFER Heatwave -- the lightbringer. 50C/122F - issuing WARNINGS across S. Europe. over 40'C, wildfires sparking, evacuations
CULT OF CLIMATE CHANGE
- GERMANS more afraid of climate change than terrorism / mass immigration:
- PETS NEED TO GO, according to Prof. Greg Okin, UCLA, they produce too much CO2!
- Haxton, CO on 8/2/2017:
Los Angeles Beaches closed by LIGHTNING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSgA3Wsn-wo
People, cars rescued after flash flood sweeps through Flint area http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2017/08/people_cars_rescued_after_flas.html
- "TJ" follows up on whether or not a cow makes sense on a self-sufficient property. Between manure and fresh milk/whey, it's a good case he makes.
- Zach: how to inform others, it sounds crazy to them, they don't believe it, i don't want them to think i've gone insane
great question. can only share as much with someone as they are willing to hear. but do that! the important part is that WE ALL SHARE THIS INFORMATION -- when people hear a little bit from 3 different directions, they start to pay attention
Christian really goes deep on the answer to this one, into the nature of grief, denial, and reality. It's worth a listen!
Takeaway: these are hard conclusions, but they are supported by hard data.
As for continuing to appear sane to those around you, I'll offer you F Scott Fitzgerald:
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Photo Credit: Eddie Larsen, Facebook.