Creating this as a workspace to track the evolution of "Global Cooling" language in media, which is a tool used to program the masses and dictate the narrative. This language has been evolving rapidly as "Global Warming" narrative falls apart.
- 1 Global Cooling
- 1.1 May 26, 2013: MSM Global Cooling is Here
- 1.2 July 2015: Damage Control after Zharkova
- 1.3 June 2017: Mt Agung Erupts: "Temporary Global Cooling?"
- 1.4 December 2017: "Override Global Warming" headline language
- 1.5 Equating Volcanoes and Aerosol-based Solar Radiation Management (SRM) / Geoengineering
- 1.6 Febrary 5-10, 2018: UCSD Study
- 2 Supervolcano
- 3 Geoengineering Narrative
- 4 Climate Change causes Volcanic Eruptions
- 5 Climate Change Causing Agricultural Collapse
- 6 Excuses for Food Prices
- 7 Space Shield
May 26, 2013: MSM Global Cooling is Here
July 2015: Damage Control after Zharkova
Zharkova's paper: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150709092955.htm
The ABSOLUTE DENIAL language in headlines:
- WaPo No, Earth is Not Heading to a Mini Ice Age
- Forbes No, Sunspots will Not Cause Another Ice Age
- MotherJones No, the Earth Is Not Heading for a “Mini Ice Age”
June 2017: Mt Agung Erupts: "Temporary Global Cooling?"
- Newsweek: Giant Eruption at Bali Volcano Could Unleash Global Cooling
- Accuweather: Could Mount Agung cause global cooling effects lasting for years?
December 2017: "Override Global Warming" headline language
Yesterday (Dec 27, 2017)'s barrage, now including an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY ("scientists"/"mathematicians") and actively destroying old programming "OVERRIDING GLOBAL WARMING"
Equating Volcanoes and Aerosol-based Solar Radiation Management (SRM) / Geoengineering
- Artificial volcanoes designed to reverse global warming could risk natural disasters, scientists warn
Febrary 5-10, 2018: UCSD Study
On 2/5/18, UCSD issued a press release, Reduced Energy from the Sun Might Occur by Mid-Century. Now Scientists Know by How Much.
The release generated a slew of media coverage including the following:
- IB Times: nice video and everything, announcing the solar Grand Minimum
- Fox News: Why the Sun will Soon Get Dimmer -- another VIDEO
- Live Science: Global Warming vs. Solar Cooling: The Showdown Begins in 2020 Look at that headline language!
- Daily Mail: Is a 'mini Ice Age' on the way? Scientists warn the sun could be 'unusually cool' by 2050 (but it won't be enough to stop climate change)
- The Sun is getting cooler and dimmer, but scientists aren’t worried
- etc The sun is getting dimmer – but it won’t let us off the hook for global warming
- Ibtimes again, text only
March 6, 2018: We are Not Prepared for Next Big Eruption
New study about effects of VEI7 eruptions in modern society inspires coverage in Nature mag.
March 13, 2018: Actually, humans thrived after Supervolcano
Based on this paper: Modern humans flourished through ancient supervolcano eruption 74,000 years ago from Univ. Cape Town
- BBC: Humans 'thrived' after historic Mount Toba eruption
- Humans flourished through a supervolcano eruption 74,000 years ago (so you can make it through Tuesday) subtitle: At least, some of them did
- Humans thrived in South Africa after catastrophic Toba eruption 74,000 years ago, study suggests
Continues through April
Some of this is mentioned above, but I am extracting this as its own timeline, because it's weird and merits analysis:
- 2009-4-8: Obama climate adviser open to geo-engineering to tackle global warming
- 2017-11-8: Texas: Subcommittee on Environment and Subcommittee on Energy Hearing - Geoengineering: Innovation, Research, and Technology
“The future is bright for geoengineering,” Republican Rep. Randy Weber of Texas, chairman of the Energy Subcommittee of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, said at a hearing in November.* 2017-12-7: CA Congressman Introduces Groundbreaking Geoengineering Bill: Last month, Congressman McNerney called for a hearing in the House Committee on Science, Space & Technology (SST) to collect information from experts in the field of geoengineering – which implements techniques to counteract the effects of climate change.
2018-3-21: Geoengineering not so risky!
Climate Change causes Volcanic Eruptions
April, huge wave after the study that was specific to Iceland (and has multiple responding papers indicating it was flawed science):
- Scientific American: Get Ready for More Volcanic Eruptions as Planet Warms
- Newsweek: Iceland's Frozen Volcanoes are Waking Up -- and Climate Change may be to Blame
- Independent: Climate change could trigger volcanic eruptions across the world, warn scientists
- NPR: Climate Change Likely to Increase Volcanic Eruptions
Oops, Canadian Professor tells CBC it will affect Canada as well, then has to walk it back!
- Now again, Canada has dormant volcanoes
Climate Change Causing Agricultural Collapse
- 2017 Reuters
June 2018 Wave
- Climate change could heighten risk of global food production ‘shocks’
- Fish Wars Loom
- Climate Change making Rice Less Nutritious
Excuses for Food Prices
This one is pretty out there -- but did get coverage. See: Space_Shield_Narrative