Creating this as a workspace to track the evolution of "Global Cooling" language in media, which is a tool used to program the masses and dictate the narrative. This language has been evolving rapidly as "Global Warming" narrative falls apart.
- 1 Global Cooling
- 1.1 May 26, 2013: MSM Global Cooling is Here
- 1.2 July 2015: Damage Control after Zharkova
- 1.3 June 2017: Mt Agung Erupts: "Temporary Global Cooling?"
- 1.4 December 2017: "Override Global Warming" headline language
- 1.5 Equating Volcanoes and Aerosol-based Solar Radiation Management (SRM) / Geoengineering
- 1.6 Febrary 5-10, 2018: UCSD Study
- 2 Supervolcano
- 3 Geoengineering Narrative
- 4 Climate Change causes Volcanic Eruptions
- 5 Climate Change Causing Agricultural Collapse
- 6 Excuses for Food Prices
- 7 Space Shield
May 26, 2013: MSM Global Cooling is Here
July 2015: Damage Control after Zharkova
Zharkova's paper: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150709092955.htm
The ABSOLUTE DENIAL language in headlines:
- WaPo No, Earth is Not Heading to a Mini Ice Age
- Forbes No, Sunspots will Not Cause Another Ice Age
- MotherJones No, the Earth Is Not Heading for a “Mini Ice Age”
June 2017: Mt Agung Erupts: "Temporary Global Cooling?"
- Newsweek: Giant Eruption at Bali Volcano Could Unleash Global Cooling
- Accuweather: Could Mount Agung cause global cooling effects lasting for years?
December 2017: "Override Global Warming" headline language
Yesterday (Dec 27, 2017)'s barrage, now including an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY ("scientists"/"mathematicians") and actively destroying old programming "OVERRIDING GLOBAL WARMING"
Equating Volcanoes and Aerosol-based Solar Radiation Management (SRM) / Geoengineering
- Artificial volcanoes designed to reverse global warming could risk natural disasters, scientists warn
Febrary 5-10, 2018: UCSD Study
On 2/5/18, UCSD issued a press release, Reduced Energy from the Sun Might Occur by Mid-Century. Now Scientists Know by How Much.
The release generated a slew of media coverage including the following:
- IB Times: nice video and everything, announcing the solar Grand Minimum
- Fox News: Why the Sun will Soon Get Dimmer -- another VIDEO
- Live Science: Global Warming vs. Solar Cooling: The Showdown Begins in 2020 Look at that headline language!
- Daily Mail: Is a 'mini Ice Age' on the way? Scientists warn the sun could be 'unusually cool' by 2050 (but it won't be enough to stop climate change)
- The Sun is getting cooler and dimmer, but scientists aren’t worried
- etc The sun is getting dimmer – but it won’t let us off the hook for global warming
- Ibtimes again, text only
March 6, 2018: We are Not Prepared for Next Big Eruption
New study about effects of VEI7 eruptions in modern society inspires coverage in Nature mag.
March 13, 2018: Actually, humans thrived after Supervolcano
Based on this paper: Modern humans flourished through ancient supervolcano eruption 74,000 years ago from Univ. Cape Town
- BBC: Humans 'thrived' after historic Mount Toba eruption
- Humans flourished through a supervolcano eruption 74,000 years ago (so you can make it through Tuesday) subtitle: At least, some of them did
- Humans thrived in South Africa after catastrophic Toba eruption 74,000 years ago, study suggests
Continues through April
Some of this is mentioned above, but I am extracting this as its own timeline, because it's weird and merits analysis:
- 2009-4-8: Obama climate adviser open to geo-engineering to tackle global warming
- 2017-11-8: Texas: Subcommittee on Environment and Subcommittee on Energy Hearing - Geoengineering: Innovation, Research, and Technology
“The future is bright for geoengineering,” Republican Rep. Randy Weber of Texas, chairman of the Energy Subcommittee of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, said at a hearing in November.* 2017-12-7: CA Congressman Introduces Groundbreaking Geoengineering Bill: Last month, Congressman McNerney called for a hearing in the House Committee on Science, Space & Technology (SST) to collect information from experts in the field of geoengineering – which implements techniques to counteract the effects of climate change.
2018-3-21: Geoengineering not so risky!
2018-12 Late 2018 SCOPEX media blitz
- Nature: First sun-dimming experiment will test a way to cool Earth
- Business Insider : Harvard scientists will soon send chemicals into the atmosphere to test whether a last-ditch planet-hacking plan could keep Earth habitable
Climate Change causes Volcanic Eruptions
April, huge wave after the study that was specific to Iceland (and has multiple responding papers indicating it was flawed science):
- Scientific American: Get Ready for More Volcanic Eruptions as Planet Warms
- Newsweek: Iceland's Frozen Volcanoes are Waking Up -- and Climate Change may be to Blame
- Independent: Climate change could trigger volcanic eruptions across the world, warn scientists
- NPR: Climate Change Likely to Increase Volcanic Eruptions
Oops, Canadian Professor tells CBC it will affect Canada as well, then has to walk it back!
- Now again, Canada has dormant volcanoes
Climate Change Causing Agricultural Collapse
- 2017 Reuters
June 2018 Wave
- Climate change could heighten risk of global food production ‘shocks’
- Fish Wars Loom
- Climate Change making Rice Less Nutritious
Excuses for Food Prices
This one is pretty out there -- but did get coverage. See: Space_Shield_Narrative