From Ice Age Farmer Wiki
Revision as of 14:41, 20 September 2017 by Iceagefarmer (Created page with "== Building a Medium: Recipe == For each 10-gallons of medium you are building out, you will require the following. (I am working on aligning with a USPA-quality (food-grad...")
Building a Medium: Recipe
For each 10-gallons of medium you are building out, you will require the following.
(I am working on aligning with a USPA-quality (food-grade) source for these chemicals, who might offer a discount to IAF supporters.)
- Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate): 600g — $15 for 5lbs, or Arm & Hammer works fine!
- Saltpeter (Potassium Nitrate) 75g or 2 1/2 Tblspn — $3 for 500g plus shipping, (I thought that was too good to be true but it’s the same as what ships from their store for 2x price, go figure)
- Sea Salt (NaCl + trace minerals) 38g or 2 1/4 Tblspn — health food store
- DAP (Ammonium Phosphate, or Diammonium Phosphate) 3.8g — 2lbs for $10
- Now: Iron Supplement: Ferrous Sulphate — $9 for 16oz
- this will be mixed with a chelating agent like lemon juice or green tea before introducing to medium
- I switched from the EDDHA iron chelation to something food grade: Iron Sulfate supplements, to be combined before introducing into the medium with again a food grade chelating agent (lemon juice).
Watch my video: