Difference between revisions of "Potato"
From Ice Age Farmer Wiki
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Latest revision as of 15:26, 19 June 2020
- Cut into pieces between 1-2 inches. Or you can leave them whole, if you are like us and got TONS of teeny tiny potatoes (my kids call them tater tots) Your potato pieces should not be bigger than the 1-2 inches.
- You can cut them as small as 1/2 inch... I would think they might get over cooked this way. I am at high altitude and required pressure is high for me. If you live at low altitude it might not be as much of a problem.
- As you cut your potatoes place in a pot of water to avoid discoloring.
- Cook small 1/2 inch pieces 2 minutes in boiling water and drain. If you have larger pieces or whole potatoes, boil up to 10 minutes and drain. You want the potatoes to be hot through, but not over cooked. Remember no larger than 2 inches.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt per quart to the jar, if desired. This is optional though I do recommend it unless you have a health reason to leave the salt out. Salt helps preserve the texture and taste of the potatoes.
- Fill jars with hot prepared potatoes, leaving no more than 1-inch head space.
- Cover hot potatoes with FRESH boiling water, don't use the water you used to boil the potatoes. It will be starchy and cloudy. Leave 1-inch head space and cover all pieces of potato.
- Wipe the rims clean, remove any air bubbles and place your lids.
Process 35-40min, adjusting for elevation.